To be an organisation that is legal, insurable and most of all, safe… this is what you’ll need…
- Establish a Safe Ministry Policy and a Response Process for your organisation
- Easiest option: Download the Example Policy and Process from us, and just insert your church name and upload them to your website or somewhere online.
- Appoint at least 2 people who will be your organisation’s “Safe Ministry Supervisors”. These are the people who will respond when someone raises a concern or an suspicion of abuse.
- Screen, Train and Verify all your volunteers.
Sounds big? Don’t worry, that’s what Safe Ministry Check does for you.
- Create an account for your church here
- Enter the url for your Policy, and your Safe Ministry Supervisor’s contact details (any other details)
- Send email invites to your volunteers asking them to do the training online. (If you don’t want them to pay for their own training, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid account).
- Watch as your Volunteers get automatically reference checked and WWC checked.
- As your volunteers complete the training, you’ll get an email with a summary.
- If something doesn’t seem right, you’ll need to check it out… it might be a misspelt option or someone needs to use their maiden name.
- Review and re-establish the policy every 12-24 months. Have people re-do the training every 24-36 months. Keep talking about making sure your organisation should be a safe place for everyone.